Thursday, April 26, 2007

...she was blinded by the light...

"the boss"
A picture is worth a thousand words... Pictures capture our best and our worst. Raw emotion. Unspeakable beauty. From the grandeur of nature to the synthetic perfection of everything man-made, pictures communicate to us. Sometimes they whisper a quiet, peaceful message that uplifts our soul. Sometimes they scream at us with impassioned joy or heated rage.
The beauty of the internet is that there are millions of these incredible communiqués at the click of a button. This blog is devoted to these glossy images and everything they stand for.Every post will be categorized in some fashion or another by a theme. For instance, top 10 pictures of cars, top 10 pictures of guitars, top 10 pictures of sunsets, etc.
Today's Post: Light. I know it sounds a lot like yesterday's post "night" but "sounds like" isn't the same thing. Light can be used several different ways. Sunlight, moonlight, candle light, well you get the idea. So here, for your viewing pleasure, the Top Ten Pictures of Light.
Also at the bottom I am including the lyrics to "blinded by the light" by Bruce Springsteen (The Boss) and "shine" by Collective Soul. Why? Just cuz. So there.
And of course (and please don't ask me why) what does Wikipedia say about light?
Alright, enough from me, here you go: Pictures of Light.

The Sun Rises Twice

Moonlit Cruise
by konaboy


Flying Into The Light
by 'SeraphimC






Okay for those of you observant types, you may have noticed that there were a few more pictures today than the usual ten. What you may not have noticed is that yesterday there were only 9. To make up for that I have posted 12 tonight. I think that balances the equation well. Why only 9 yesterday? I don't know, Blogger ate my picture. I put it on, I posted it, then when I was looking at it, it was gone! I tried to add a link in this paragraph and that disappeared. I give up.

Here is the Wikipedia Definition I promised:

Light is electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength that is visible to the eye (visible light) or, in a technical or scientific context, electromagnetic radiation of any wavelength[1]. The elementary particle that defines light is the photon. The three basic dimensions of light (i.e., all electromagnetic radiation) are:
Intensity, or alternatively amplitude, which is related to the perception of brightness of the light,
Frequency, or alternatively wavelength, perceived by humans as the color of the light, and
Polarization (angle of vibration), which is only weakly perceptible by humans under ordinary circumstances.
Due to the wave–particle duality of matter, light simultaneously exhibits properties of both waves and particles. The precise nature of light is one of the key questions of modern physics.

As always, Thank you very much Wikipedia. I've said it once, I'll say it again... I would rather let the pictures define light for me.

And now, as promised lyrics to the song "blinded by the light"

Madman drummers bummers and indians in the summer with a teenage diplomatIn the dumps with the mumps as the adolescent pumps his way into his hatWith a boulder on my shoulder feelin kinda older I tripped the merry-go-roundWith this very unpleasing sneezing and wheezing the calliope crashed to the groundSome all-hot half-shot was headin for the hot spot snappin his fingers clappin his handsAnd some fleshpot mascot was tied into a lovers knot with a whatnot in her handAnd now young scott with a slingshot finally found a tender spot and throws his lover in the sandAnd some bloodshot forget-menot whispers daddys within earshot save the buckshot turn up the bandAnd she was blinded by the light. cut loose like a deuceAnother runner in the night. blinded by the lightShe got down but she never got tight, but shell make it alrightSome brimstone baritone anticyclone rolling stone preacher from the eastHe says: dethrone the dictaphone, hit it in its funny bone, thats where they expect it leastAnd some new-mown chaperone was standin in the corner all alone watchin the young girls danceAnd some fresh-sown moonstone was messin with his frozen zone to remind him of the feeling of romanceYeah he was blinded by the light. cut loose like a deuceAnother runner in the night. blinded by the lightHe got down but she never got tight, but hes gonna make it tonightSome silicone sister with her managers mister told me I got what it takesShe said Ill turn you on sonny to something strong if you play that song with the funky breakAnd go-cart mozart was checkin out the weather chart to see if it was safe to go outsideAnd little early-pearly came in by her curly-wurly and asked me if I needed a rideOh, some hazard from harvard was skunked on beer playin backyard bombardierYes and scotland yard was trying hard, they sent a dude with a calling card,He said, do what you like, but dont do it hereWell I jumped up, spit in the air, fell on the ground, asked wich was the way back homeHe said take a right at the light, keep going straight until right, and then boy youre on your ownAnd now in zanzibar a shootin star was ridin in a side car hummin a lunar tuneYes, and the avatar said blow the bar but first remove the cookie jar, were gonna teach those boys to laugh too soonAnd some kidnapped handicap was complaining that he caught the clap from some mousetrap he bought last nightWell I unsnapped his skull cap and between his ears I saw a gap but hed figured hed be all rightHe was just blinded by the light. cut loose like a deuceAnother runner in the night. blinded by the lightMama always told me not to look into the sights of the sunOh but mama thats where the fun is

Well, that is hard to read... but it makes it kind of fun?

And one of my favorites, "shine"

Give me a wordGive me a signShow me where to lookTell what will I find ( will I find )Lay me on the groundFly me in the skyShow me where to lookTell me what will I find ( will I find )Oh, heaven let your light shine down (x4)Love is in the waterLove is in the airShow me where to goTell me will love be there ( love be there )Teach me how to speakTeach me how to shareTeach me where to goTell me will love be there ( love be there )Oh, heaven let your light shine down (x4)Im going to let it shine (x2)Heavens little light gonna shine on meYea yea heavens little light gonna shine on meIts gonna shine, shine on meIts gonna shine, come on in shine

By the way, please do not ask me "isn't that the Dolly Parton song?" I will answer that here, now:

"Shine" is the first hit single by post-grunge band Collective Soul. Released in 1993 on the album Hints, Allegations, and Things Left Unsaid, "Shine" became the #1 Album Rock Song of 1994, and won a Billboard award for Top Rock Track.[citation needed]
In 2001, Dolly Parton recorded a Bluegrass cover of "Shine". Parton's recording of the song earned her a Grammy Award for Best Female Country Vocal Performance.

So, yes she sang the song, but it was originaly written by Collective Soul.

Great songs, great pictures

Everybody Enjoi.

No comments:

Post a Comment