Thursday, May 19, 2011

Magical Fire

Magical Fire by Wojtek Toman
Magical Fire, a photo by Wojtek Toman on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
PLEASE VIEW IN LARGE: HERE OR PRESS L

Shooting fire with fast shutter speed reveals some amazing details we are not really used to seeing. The colours and shape of flames is simply amazing, fascinating and for me - magical. For me some parts of the flames resemble images by NASA depicting birth of galaxies.

Viewing in large on black is really recommended in this case as it simply looks much better :)

I also created a slideshow from all my shots from trip to Rome which you can see here.

Camera: Canon 50D
Lens: Canon EF 24-105 mm f/4 IS L
Focal length: 45 mm
Mode: Manual
Aperture: 6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/800
ISO: 800
Post-processing: curves adjustments and sharpening in Photoshop CS5

For anyone interested you can download some of my HDR presets: here.

My tutorial on using Photomatix for HDR
Visit my blog on photography

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment