Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mothers Day

Not a single one of us would be here if it wasn't for our mother! I hope that some of you will disagree with me on this, but my mother is the greatest mom in the world!! Mothers instill us with values and integrity. They show us what unconditional love means. To be honest, I think that moms deserve more than just one special day. But, since they just get one, let me suggest that everyone make the most of the opportunity to make your mom feel special.

Please allow me to take a moment to express my appreciaton to my mom. From as far back as I have memory, I always remember my mom being the glue that held our family together. She was never too tired to hear what was troubling me. Always ready to take the time to help me sort out the trouble that I felt sure was going to overwhelm me. And of course, no matter how convinced I become that I will never amount to anything, she always takes so much pride in her son that I find myself believing in myself again.

Mom, I love you so much. Thank you for investing your time, money, and your life into making me into the man I am today. Your words of encouragement in tough times, and your belief in me no matter what are never forgotten. It is such a privilege to boast about my incredible mom! You are so very special to me. I hope that you truly have a wonderful mothers day. Here are some flowers "picked" just for you!
I love you,

Your son.


Against the grain
by Edgar Thissen
a perfect niche
by doctony Drenched
by espion Happy Eid ,,,, :")
by Heba _ photo Jade
by konaboy Love and perfection
by *GaryP* Twin Tulips
by Ascendingkitty
Winter is not so bad...
by dsevilla Meadow of Yellow Flowers and Mountains
by OneEighteen photog in the flowers
by Sara Heinrichs (awfulsara)
N0te: On photo number 4, "Happy Eid ,,,, :")" in case you are wondering, "what is Eid?".

Wikipedia to the rescue... yet again.

Eid ul-Fitr or Id-Ul-Fitr (Arabic: عيد الفطر ‘Īd al-Fiṭr), often abbreviated as simply Eid, is an Islamic holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, the month of fasting.

Song of the day - dedicated to my mom.

Dandelions

In a field of yellow flowers,
underneath the sun,
bluest eyes that spark with lightning,
boy with shoes undone.
He is young, so full of hope,
reveling in tiny dreams,
filling up, his arms with flowers,
right for giving any queen.

Running to her beaming bright,
while cradling his prize.
A flickering of yellow light,
within his mother's eyes.
She holds them to her heart,
keeping them where they'll be safe,
clasped within her very marrow,
dandelions in a vase.

She sees love, where anyone else would see weeds.
all hope is found.
Here is everything he needs.

Fathomless your endless mercy,
weight I could not lift.
Where do I fit in this puzzle,
what good are these gifts?
Not a martyr, or a saint,
scarcely can I struggle through.
All that I have ever wanted,
was to give my best to you.

Lord, search my heart,
create in me something clean.
Dandelions
you see flowers in these weeds.

Gently lifting hands to heaven,
softened by the sweetest hush,
a Father sings over his children,
loving them so very much.
More than words could warrant,
deeper than the darkest blue,
more than sacrifice could merit,
Lord, I give my heart to you
-Five Iron Frenzy-

Happy Mothers Day everyone
Mom -- I love you!
Goodnight and Enjoi

No comments:

Post a Comment