Saturday, May 26, 2007

...my first real six-string...

-Bryan Adams-

Who doesn't love the sound of a guitar? Whether it is the soothing, relaxing plucking of an acoustic or the mind-bending riff of an electric guitar... the sound is so sweet! Whether it is James Marshall Hendrix or Carlos Augusto Alves Santana (Jimi Hendrix and Santana) or a couple of buddies pickin and grinnin around a campfire the guitar is a world all of its own!

Wikipedia says:

The guitar is a musical instrument with ancient roots, used in a wide variety of musical styles, and it is also a solo classical instrument. It is recognized as one of the primary instruments in blues, country, flamenco, rock music and many forms of pop. The guitar usually has six strings, but four, seven, eight, ten, and twelve string guitars also exist. Guitars are made and repaired by luthiers. Guitars may be played acoustically or they may rely on an amplifier that usually allows for electronic manipulation of tone. The electric guitar was introduced in the 20th century and continues to have a profound influence on popular culture.

So put on a playlist of your favorite legendary riffs (or an acoustic number) and enjoi today's Top Ten Pictures of Guitars-


Dream a Little Dream
by °Teban°

Flickr Blues
by Fernando Vega™ Forgotten guitar - 4
by vanarts guitar
by la femme jen Guitarra
by carlpuentes
Ibanez II
by little_wing
In Tune!
by ohsleepless1 Now That the Holidays Are Gone
by Thomas Hawk
Pure... like a guitar song...
by RCastro Soul-full Vibration
by Monday Morning Photography
Summer of '69

I got my first real six-string
Bought it at the five-and-dime
Played it till my fingers bled
It was the summer of 69
Me and some guys from school
Had a band and we tried real hard
Jimmy quit and jody got married
I shoulda known wed never get far
Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Ya - Id always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life
Aint no use in complainin
When you got a job to do
Spent my evenins down at the drive-in
And thats when I met you
Standin on your mamas porch
You told me that youd wait forever
Oh and when you held my hand
I knew that it was now or never
Those were the best days of my life
Back in the summer of 69
Man we were killin time
We were young and restless
We needed to unwind
I guess nothin can last forever - forever, no
And now the times are changin
Look at everything thats come and gone
Sometimes when I play that old six-string
I think about ya wonder what went wrong
Standin on your mamas porch
You told me it would last forever
Oh the way you held my hand
I knew that it was now or never
Those were the best days of my life
Back in the summer of 69
-Bryan Adams-






I am sure that you have heard of and enjoi those guys, but someone that may be new to you is this guy... His name is Buckethead you can learn more about him here

Thanks everyone for sharing
Goodnight and Enjoi!

No comments:

Post a Comment